Do you ever wonder what motivated people do differently?
Here is a list of commitments motivated people make to themselves on a daily basis. Choose one (or a few!) and try to implement them this week. Leave me a comment to tell me how it went :)
1) Creativity. Today I will make something new and different and thereby change the world for the better.
2) Resourcefulness. Today I will become strong by overcoming obstacles with persistence and flexibility.
3) Enthusiasm. Today I will permit myself to become excited in anticipation of whatever might happen.
4) Perceptiveness. Today I will look beyond my preconceptions to see the truths that I missed before.
5) Appreciation. Today I will remember the miracle of conscious existence, which is all too soon over.
6) Sensitivity. Today I will remain aware of the emotions of others and how they interact with my own.
7) Relaxation. Today I will spend at least one hour doing something that's just because I enjoy it.
8) Happiness. Today I will do my best to remain happy, regardless of the circumstances of the hour.
9) Power. Today I will use some of whatever power I possess in the service, and for the welfare, of others.
10) Health. Today I will take action to ensure that I'm in better health than I was yesterday or the day before.
11) Wonder. Today I will sit back and marvel at the unexpected, without which life would be boring.
12) Playfulness. Today I will express, at least once, the joy of the child who still lives inside me.
13) Gratitude. Today I will be thankful for all the wonderful things in my life: my family, my friends, and my work.
This week I will consciously work on enthusiasm, power, and wonder. I will keep you posted on how it goes!