But today was different. Today the weather was PERFECT for running. It was a sunny 58-60 degree run with relatively low humidity! I could actually breath. If felt amazing. I needed a run like this, both, physically and mentally.
There was a slight discrepancy between my watch and the MapMyRun app because I started the app, put the phone in my hydration pack, and then spent roughly a minute fumbling around with my watch. It slows things down a bit when you hit the wrong button and have to backtrack to the correct screen. Oops.
Anyway-- Here's a breakdown of my splits:
Mile 1 - 0:09:44
Mile 2 - 0:10:14
Mile 3 - 0:10:00
Mile 4 - 0:10:01
Mile 5 - 0:09:15
Mile 6 - 0:10:09
Mile 7 - 0:10:04
Mile 8 - 0:09:18
Mile 9 - 0:10:03
Mile 10 - 0:09:56
Not too bad :)
So why do I run? In no particular order..
1) Every time I step out the door to go for a run I am doing something to better myself and my health.
2) I run to feel strong, motivated, determined.
3) I run to set goals and then crush them.
4) I run to inspire others.
5) The running community is the best. Everyone is so supportive and encouraging.
6) I run because it keeps my anxiety away.
7) I run for the people who can't run and wish they could.
8) I run for the adventure of it.
9) I run because I like to eat-- especially chocolate. * BWT..today's run burned 1230 calories and took less than 2 hours!
10) I run for the challenge.
11) I run to push my body further than I ever thought it could go.
* I might post more on this later, but ask me about the Catoctin 50K sometime.
12) I run to break the mental barriers I have created for myself over the years.
13) I run for the beauty of it. Morning runs tend to have the most beautiful scenery.
* Today I saw fog over multiple ponds, sheepies, horses and cows (all in different spots along the route).
14) I run for race medals.
Have you been having a particularly challenging time with running lately? Or maybe things have been going awesome for you? Either way-- I'd love to hear about it!
Why do you run? What do you tell yourself when things start to get tough?
Happy Friday Friends! :)